A work visa and a business visa can be confusing for first-time visitors as several people believe these two are the same type of visa. In fact, they are entirely different.
- A work visa (LD visa) is issued to individuals who arrive to work with Vietnam-based organizations whereas a business visa (DN visa) is granted to those who come to work for Vietnamese enterprises or offices.
- While the work visa must be applied in Vietnam by the firm where the foreigner works for and then stamped in the embassy in foreign country by the foreigners themselves, the work visa is lodged online or directly at the Vietnam embassy/consulate in foreign country.
- To be eligible for a work visa, foreigners are required to have a work permit in Vietnam. In contrast, this is not demanded when applying for a business visa.
- The validity of a work visa is usually longer (up to 2 years and can be extended) than a business visa
- With a work visa, individuals can be entitled to apply for a temporary residence card. On the other hand, foreigners are not allowed to do so with a business visa.
We can help you apply for either a work visa and business visa. If you are interested in exploring your options, you can book a free consultation. Our team can advise you on the appropriate visa type according to your circumstances and go through the visa application with you if required.